Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

SPRING DRESS 2

Make sure you visit Alida's website and check all the cool stuff that she have today. I am joining her new series of Calling all Kids link party.


I made another dress for my youngest daughter. I used the same fabric from this post. I just want both of my girl have matching dresses but not the same designs. I just don't know what to call this dress. I made the pattern from my daughter's old dress that was given to her by her Aunt.
I took me forever to make this since I don't know what to do with a limited fabric. Plus I was praying that this dress size will be just her size. I made so many dresses for my girls and when I finished it never fit for them because I did not add an allowance when I cut it. So, It was either too short or too narrow and won't fit.
 Anyway, she loves it!
I add some pockets. I love the ruffles.
 I didn't realized that my daughter is taller than I thought. I thought I add more allowance at the bottom of her dress. Well, I still can add it later though.


 This is the dress that I made the pattern from. This dress now is too short on her.
Love the outcome!

Have a great one everyone and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a great thing to sew our own kids clothes. I wish I can do that too :-)

    Visiting from BPC!
    http://www.blessiesmixednutsblog.com/2013/03/first-ikea-visit.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bless, my dresses are still not perfect but it works. I know you can do it too. It takes time when you are learning new things, but we will get there. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I know how to sew. I am such a poor talentless person on it. LOL. I love floral dresses on kids. :)

    What a cutipie!

    BPC hop!
    http://rareordinarythoughts.com/2013/03/spring-forward-the-dst-thing.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still learning... you can do it too just for practice get a used pattern and old clothes from thrift store and cut and sew. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...